SHARE GREAT BOOKS + EARN AN INCOME + KEEP IT FLEXIBLE
- Do you like children's books? What if they are in Spanish?
- Are you currently a Spanish Teacher or have you taught Spanish in the past?
- Do you know other active Spanish teachers?
- Can you dedicate a couple of hours a week to do this?
WHAT IS THE JOB ABOUT?
The job is about helping us (Syncretic Press), independent publisher of authentic children's books in Spanish, promote our Spanish Book Club (SBC) with Spanish teachers in elementary schools across the nation.
We look for SBC Liaisons to help us connect with teachers that would like to have their class participate in the book club.
SBC Liaisons are paid a commission based on all the books sold on the Spanish Book Clubs they helped bring on board.
HOW DOES THE SPANISH BOOK CLUB WORK?
If you are familiar with the Scholastic Book Club, maybe you can think of it as something similar.
- Every quarter we distribute SBC flyers to the teachers so they can share them with their students.
- On this flyer books are listed at a special discount for the students.
- Students take the flyer home and, together with their parents, decide on the books the want to purchase. They make all purchases on our website.
- We collect all the book orders and deliver them to the teacher's classroom so the teacher can hand the books to the students.
- The teacher receives 1 free book for her classroom library for every 4 books that are ordered by the students.
- The SBC Liaison gets a commission for every book that was purchased.
The following quarter we repeat the process. The books that are on sale for the SBC rotate.
The SBC Liaison receives commissions on an ongoing basis. So once you have on-boarded a teacher, you can receive commissions from those sales for as long as that teacher participates in the book club. No maintenance on your end after the first introduction.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Start by filling out our short application with your contact information and available time for an interview.
- We'll email you confirming the interview date and time
- The interview lasts about 30 minutes.
- After the interview, if you and us think we are a good fit, it takes about 1 week to get you all set up and ready to start.
Before sending us your application, make sure you understand the following:
- As a Book Liaison, you engage with Syncretic Press as an independent contractor. This means you work when you want and as much as you want, but it also means there is no base salary. You are paid on commissions only.
If after all this information you think you want to give it a try, feel the application! We look forward to have you on board!
Syncretic Press Team